1.1 Presentation and market definition
Fast food is defined by INSEE as "the supply at the counter of food and beverages to be consumed on the premises or to be taken away, presented in disposable packaging".
This sector thus includes the restaurants fast food restaurants offering mainly take-out meals, the sale of meals in the food trucks, the fast food stalls, and finally tea shops. However, it does not include retail sales through vending machines.
Speed of service, simplicity of dishes, low prices, and an ability to manage high demand are prevailing characteristic of fast food restaurants. In light of this, fast food can be included in three major categories: traditional fast food restaurants, fast casual (focus is on quality and a diverse offer, examples of stores include Cojean), and fast good which offers a specialized, customizable offer in a pleasant setting, such as Big Fernand. The main customers are individuals and professionals alike. [malou]
The world market is growing rapidly, which is a trend that is similar across the globe. Emerging Economies are seeing the largest expansion of fast food facilities, whilst the Developed World's growth comes from a larger product offering such as healthy alternatives. France is traditionally not associated with fast food, instead the country is more known for its' gastronomy. However, fast food popularity is increasing rapidly; France represents roughly 10% of the global market for fast food and outlooks are positive. The nation is experiencing growth due to a larger range of environmental and health-oriented products being placed on the market, consequently speaking to more consumers.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The fast food market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages