the meat market
The meat market refers to markets:
- of the red meat (which includes meat of adult cattle, calves and sheep),
- of the white meat (which includes pork and poultry meat)
The French are major consumers of meat. Indeed, nearly 6 million tonnes of meat are consumed each year, this market weighs more than 33 billion euros and it represents the a quarter of the French food industry . Meat plays an important role in the eating habits of the French and is even described as a "culturally important marker of French food" [LesEchos ]
However, for more than thirty years, it has been observed that meat consumption in France is tending to decline . French meat consumption has fallen by 12% over the last ten years. [ Research centre for the study and observation of living conditions ] We observe a changes in consumption patterns and in the type of meat consumed, due in particular to health scandals (mad cow disease, avian flu, meat from a hidden source and nature), to the awareness of the French people of the impact on health of excessive consumption of meat (especially red meat), to the rise of movements advocating the non-use of meat...
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months