1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The farm animal feed market refers to the production and distribution of feed for farm animals. It encompasses activities involving agricultural production, the agri-food industry and livestock farming.
Products in this industry are based on the use of two main raw material inputs:
- compound feeds (mixtures of raw materials)
- additives (incorporations that improve food)
The global market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.62% between 2017 and 2023. This growth comes amid larger rates of urbanisation and higher demand for animals products. On top of this, the supply of products is continously being innovated which subsequently fuels demand.
In France, the market for animal feed in France has remained somewhat stable since 2012. Between 2012 and 2019, the market shrunk by a mere 0.03%. France is an important producer of animal feed; in the European Union for instance, it produces the highest volumes of cereal. In particular, Bretagne accounts for a large share of this output.
The market structure in France is fragmented, in terms of the large number of companies in the market. However, five companies stand out and control a major share of sales. These companies include Groupe Avril, Terrena, LDC, Eureden and Cooperl.
Market trends include a growin concern for the nutrition in animal feed. In particular, scrutiny regarding animal feed has increased dramatically parallel to general health concerns and trends in society. It is not only the aspect of avoiding bad end-products for human consumption, but also a concern for the animals, which has increased quality concerns on the animal feed. Thus, production of bio animal feed has increased by a CAGR of some 12.54% between 2011 to 2018.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
RULES AND REGULATIONS
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The Farm Animal Feed Market - France
Publicado en 09/01/2022 by Hugo Schott - Businesscoot
Note the recent but steady take-off of organic feed for farm animals, which is leading to a renewal of research and development in the sector
Hello Hugo, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that the study was up to your expectations. We hope you will give us a 5/5 next time ;)