1.1 Introduction and definition
Agricultural machines and equipment gradually appeared at the end of the 19 th century as a result of the agricultural revolution in France (replacement of animal traction by motorized traction to modernize French agriculture). The term characterizes all the machines and equipment used in agriculture (tractors, combine harvesters, etc.) that aim to increase the agricultural productivity. Agricultural machinery can be used for different purposes, such as:
- Soil tillage
- Livestock farming
The global market is expanding rapidly due to a larger demand for food as result of a growing population, together with a decrease in arable land. This puts pressure on farmers to increase productivity, which is facilitated by agricultural equipment and machines.
The French market is a market leader globally in terms of equipment. For instance, it is Europe's third largest producer of agricultural equipment, and the largest spender in aggregate terms on agriculture in the EU.
Nevertheless, France's agriculture is heavily dependent on government subsidies. Moreover, in light of COVID-19, the pace with which technological advancements in equipments occur will slow down.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The agricultural machinery market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages