A product phytosanitary is used in agriculture to protect crops from pests, insects, fungi or weeds. These products are part of the pesticide family, and must be registered in Europe with a specific authorization for each use.
The market for plant protection products has long known a double-digit growth in France, but this growth has slowed slightly since 2018 with the rise of protests and warnings about harmful health effects. France is also the world's leading exporter of pesticides, the third largest user in the world and the largest in Europe.
The market for plant protection products is dominated by the global giants of the chemical industry, leaving little room for new entrants. Indeed, 80% of the world market for plant protection products is concentrated among the 6 giants of the sector. The players in the plant protection products market are relying on innovation to sustain their growth, as evidenced by the increase in their R&D budgets
The main challenge of the plant protection products market remains its harmful to the environment and health Pesticides are, along with fertilizers, the two main sources of pollution of surface and groundwater by the agricultural sector. By extension, the market for plant protection products is confronted with much more restrictive regulations, as shown by the will of the French executive government to increase the use of pesticides by 50% by 2025.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The market for plant protection products - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages