1.1 Presentation and market definition
The milk market, or dairy sector, includes the following activities: the breeding, milking, collection, processing and marketing of milk in the form of a wide variety of dairy products.
There are two categories of products. On the one hand, finished goods such as liquid milk, cheese, cream, butter, yoghurts and dairy desserts which are intended for mass consumption and catering outside the home (canteens, hotels...). On the other hand, there are intermediate products such as dry ingredients and milk-derived products, like milk powders or proteins, for food manufacturers.
Dairy products, at the heart of daily food, are known for their taste and nutritional qualities. The calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, proteins and vitamins they contain allow, among other things, healthy growth, strong bones and dental health. They help for the recovery of athletes, the proper functioning of the intestinal flora and the reduction in cardiovascular risks.
The NAF codes concerned are as follows:
- 10.51A "Manufacture of liquid milk and fresh products"
- 10.51B "Butter production"
- 10.51C "Cheesemaking"
- 10.51D "Other Dairy Product Manufacturing"
In a context of internationalisation of the market and increasing competition, marked by changes in consumption patterns, the dairy products market must face new challenges.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Milk Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages