The Breakfast Cereal Market
Breakfast, understood as the first meal of the day , taken in the morning when getting up, mainly includes hot drinks such as coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit juices, bread and similar products and cereals .
The breakfast cereal market consists of two distinct types of cereals: adult cereals (45% of the market ) and children's cereals ( 32% ). Each of the segments has a different underlying dynamic. Indeed, a health aspect is very strongly attached to the children's cereal market while one aspect of the dietetics and taste is particularly important in the market for adults
The market is driven by very large groups The company is mainly foreign, with very extensive means of communication and production. Competition is therefore intense with a differentiation which is heavily focused on product marketing to differentiate itself within the departments of Large and Medium Surfaces (unique place of physical competition) .
The sector must deal with health issues in particular on the sugar content of the products and the real benefits that they provide to consumers. Thus, a significant part of the communication budgets is devoted to highlighting the dietary benefits of products.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months