In 2018, 62 million euros were spent by French households on the purchase of flowers and plants on Mother's Day 45% of French people have made their purchases from the florist compared to 15% in supermarkets and 11% in garden centres
The profession of florist consists of making floral creations, and requires a great knowledge of botany and horticulture. It is a craftsman specialising in the sale of flowers and the production of cut flower bouquets . For this study, we will consider the demand for two types of products that concern all florists
- The cut flowers : we will include in this category the bouquets of flowers
- Ornamental plants These are plants that are neither intended for agriculture nor forestry, which are used almost exclusively to beautify a space (source the definitions )
These are most often creations intended to a special occasion . A florist must demonstrate expertise and to inventiveness . There are specific training courses that allow access to this profession (source the Parisian )
In the flower market, it is necessary to distinguish between:
- the horticulturist or wholesaler who cuts the flowers and then sells them to the various networks of points of sale that distribute them to the end customer (individuals or professionals)
- specialized store networks
- independent shops/florists
- the leaders in mass retailing
Whether they are about "for yourself" or "to offer" purchases the French flower market seems to be flourishing. The profession of florist is still in high demand, as evidenced by the high demand for manpower: each year more than 1000 positions are to be filled each year (source the Parisian )
As proof, the emergence of new distribution methods such as subscription (for a monthly delivery for example) . The sector is not immune to the increase in digitizing in the field of communication
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Flowers and Florists Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages