the bakery and pastry market
1.1 Presentation and market definition
Pastry is a characteristic feature of all sweetened dough-based culinary preparations as defined in Larousse These are cakes, pies, or more specific pastries such as lightning, cabbage and yarrow for example
The market of the pastry shop refers to all of the sales generated by pastry makers:
- industrial actors manufacturing products mainly distributed in mass consumption and
- handmade who prepare products distributed mainly in bakery and pastry shops
In this study, we will focus more on pastry making industrial
The distinctions are nevertheless porous since, as we will see in the study:
- Bakeries and pastry shops can be part of chains, and therefore distribute industrially prepared products
- Some supermarkets include a pastry department that prepares products in a traditional way
It also seems interesting to us to note that, for the most part, industrial pastry products are different from artisanal pastry products since they are mainly shelf stable while artisanal pastries are mostly fresh, with very short storage times (millefeuille, lightning, cabbage...).
Of course there are many counter-examples, but it seems important to us to distinguish these two poles within the pastry industry, because the manufacturing, distribution and consumption methods are very different .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months