1.1 Market definition
Gluten is a substance derived from the processing of certain cereals (wheat, rye, barley, oats), present in almost 70% of food products. It can be harmful for people diagnosed with intolerance or allergy. Some of the best-selling gluten-free products are: Beer; Biscuits for aperitifs; Pasta; Bread; Confectionery; Salty; Ready meals.
The global market for gluten-free foods is expanding rapidly, as is the French market. Driven by a diversification of gluten-free products from the supply side, the market also benefits from consumer sympathy, as gluten-free products are often associated with a healthier diet. The progressive interest in health and food balance is partly responsible for the boom in consumption even by those who are not celiac.
The "gluten-free" craze has convinced the major food groups to position themselves in this segment, alongside the small players: pioneers in the segment or specialists in "organic" food. In addition, catering also leads sales, with more than half of all restaurants in Italy offering gluten-free solutions.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Gluten Free Food Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages