1.1 Definition and scope of the study
Ship repair corresponds to all industrial activities consisting in repairing a ship after technical damage or damage caused by an accident (collision, grounding...). The sector also includes the maintenance activities required on boats whose wear and tear is becoming too great. This wear is generally natural, due to corrosion, friction with water or shellfish accumulation on the hull.
The ship repair and maintenance sector is closely linked to that of shipbuilding a sector whose economic activity has experienced many ups and downs in recent years. In the late 1990s and before the 2008 crisis, orders were at their highest level. However, successive crises have put the sector at risk. Yet, orders rebounded in 2013 as explained by GICAN. This suggests that future activity in the sector will increase.
In this study we will discuss ship repair and maintenance, private and military vessels but we will omit shipbuilding and other activities - such as equipment and consulting.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The ship repair market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The market for automatic cash registers - France
Interesting estimate of a fast-growing market mainly centered on mass retailing and specialized distribution, whose development is however slowed down by social problems linked to the disappearance of cashiers. Consumer behavior in front of these automatic checkouts and product typology well analyzed
Hello Malcolm, Thank you very much for this very positive review! We are delighted that you are enjoying our studies and we thank you for your trust in us.
The bodywork market - France
Publicado en 25/02/2021 by Lengele
Saves time on researching reliable statistics
Hello, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.
The Glass Fiber Market - France
Publicado en 11/02/2021 by Marc-Henri Mignon - Insights & Synergies Conseils
An interesting price-quality ratio to enter a new market
Hello Marc-Henri, Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve the quality of our studies.