1.1 Market definition
Established in China, introduced to Japan at the end of the 8th century and an integral part of Middle Eastern cultures, tea is one of the most widely consumed beverages in the world. A tea room is a public place in which came from the loose tea of the tea available for tasting on site, and often from sweet or savoury cakes
More than just a place to consume, a tea room is about a place of relaxation and conviviality . In France, at the beginning of the 20th century, tea rooms were literary places and meetings.
Surfing on the growing popularity of tea consumption we identify several thousand tea shops in France mainly in the Île-de-France region (and more generally the major conurbations of the national territory) and for which price levels differ according to the location
It is also important to note that tea rooms are mainly supplied by the main tea houses located in France
While many tea shops are positioning themselves on a top-of-the-range offer and intended for an insider clientele many tea shops are turning to a broader clientele but with less purchasing power
The trend is also towards a diversification of the offer products offered in these lounges, such as pastries and pastries and even coffee
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The tea room market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages