The Food Truck Market
A "food-truck", or restaurant truck is a vehicle equipped to prepare food.
Food trucks first appeared in the United States shortly before the 20th century, before landing in France thanks to the American Kristin Frederick who launched the first food-truck in the country in 2011 , The Smoking Truck.
In France, the number of site requests is always very high . The concept remains attractive for many entrepreneurs, but the barriers to entry are significant, in particular concerning the acceptance of the request by the town hall or the ideal location search not to mention the seasonality of demand that sets the pace of the market. Many food-trucks also have to stop their activity due to a lack of profitable business model.
The development of these restaurant trucks is part of the street-food trend which consists of eating more and more outside (food-trucks, street vendors, stands, etc.) by ordering takeaway meals for generally lower prices than those in restaurants.
Today, food trucks offer a wide range of products (local, foreign, organic cuisine, etc.) and in most cases are positioned in a specific type of kitchen to stand out .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months