1.1 Definition and presentation
A food truck identifies a type of itinerant van used for the preparation and sale of food, the food truck market belongs to the largest category of street food.
The origin of the food trucks is undoubtedly American, and initially the phenomenon concerned only to a limited extent the European context. Today, however, street food, which brings together about 2.5 billion people in the world, has gradually become a global phenomenon and has also reached Italy.
The food truck has gradually lost its negative connotation of junk food and has extended its roots to a variety of foods and innovative cooking methods in order to continue to win the palate of an increasing number of consumers. In Italy, the context seems to have not come to a halt recently, mainly due to changes in eating habits and purchasing needs. Food trucks are on the rise and in fashion, in fact they are on the one hand a business choice in pole position and on the other hand a valid alternative to traditional catering. In Italy, the market is expected to be influenced, in particular, by the increasingly strict regulations on catering on the go and a highly competitive context that requires preventive moves and continuous innovation in the offer.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages