the catering market
1.1 Definition and presentation
The catering market is one of the five segments that compose commercial catering, together with: traditional catering, fast food, coffee shops and pubs. This market is closely linked to the events market and is aimed both at professionals (welcome coffee, business lunches, cocktails, corporate seminars, etc..) and individuals (weddings, baptisms, etc..). In this context, the caterer - although he can be in charge of a wide range of services around an event (e.g. decoration, service, entertainment) - is generally the one who prepares dishes or meals, to be delivered or taken away.
In Italy, the catering service has registered an impressive demand, dictated by new culinary habits and significant changes in the food preferences of Italians. In fact, ethnic or organic foods are in great demand, the result of a progressive interest in foreign cuisines and sustainability.
The business model in recent years has recorded an impressive performance, observing the highest growth in value among all segments of the catering industry. The offer is progressively expanding, with the number of businesses almost doubling from 2011 to the present day. This is undoubtedly a competitive context, where hundreds of companies are juggling in an attempt to satisfy an increasingly presumptuous demand.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months