The catering market
1.1 Presentation and definitions
The catering market is one of the five segments that compose commercial catering, together with: traditional catering, fast food, coffee shops and pubs. This market is closely linked to the events market and is aimed both at professionals (welcome coffee, business lunches, cocktails, corporate seminars, etc..) and individuals (weddings, baptisms, etc..). In this context, the caterer - although he can be in charge of a wide range of services around an event (e.g. decoration, service, entertainment) - is generally the one who prepares dishes or meals, to be delivered or taken away.
There are about 2000 new caterers on average per year in France, although 50% of them do not pass the 5-year mark. There is therefore a clear upward trend, despite the difficulties associated with constant adaptation to changes in consumption patterns and to increased competition .
Within this market, there are different ranges of caterers offering a product variety (gastronomic, organic, Asian, etc.). There are also two main categories of caterers: the caterer organizer of receptions (TOR), and the neighbourhood caterer. Our study will continue to focus mainly on the first category. Self-service caterers (LS), available in supermarkets, will also be excluded from our study.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months