The caviar is a gastronomic food from luxury made from sturgeon eggs, originating from Russia. Caviar is characterized by its price that can fluctuate between €2,000 and €30,000 per kilogram for the rarest and most sought-after species (e.g. Iranian white caviar of Almas albino beluga whales). There are two main types of caviar in France: the wild caviar and the farmed caviar . A more recent and much less developed market opportunity is the cosmetic with the integration of caviar in some cosmetic products that benefit from the richness in natural components of caviar, allowing to restructure and revitalize the skin thanks to the yolk nutritive substance.
France is the world's 3 th world producer of caviar and it relies on a network of producers and manufacturers recognized worldwide for the quality of their products. The challenge of caviar is its democratization to the greatest number of people: caviar is today a luxury product reserved for a minority of the French population or reserved for special events such as Christmas Eve or New Year's Day; it is therefore a market marked by seasonality. Caviar distribution is carried out by delicatessens and local markets, mostly, and to a lesser extent online.
The world caviar market is estimated at US$360 million in 2018 and will reach US$540 million by the end of 2025, with an average annual growth rate of more than 5% over the 2019-2025 period. The most buoyant markets during this period will be the European and American markets. The rules and regulations in force for the production and marketing of caviar is governed by the European Union and has been supporting the various structural changes in the market for several years.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The caviar market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages