The fish and seafood market covers the consumption and the distribution of these seafood products. This market is dominated by a few wholesalers which supply thousands of independent retailers .
While a large proportion of fish consumed in Portugal is imported, players in the fish market are relying on Portuguese production to attract a large number of new customers, sensitive to the economic, social and environmental impact of its consumption.
Fish consumption is experiencing a strong increase worldwide in particular because of the increase of production, but also because of other factors such as the improvement of distribution channels. Portugal, a country with a strong consumption of fish sees its growth remain positive and stable in time. It thus represents a particularly buoyant market.
This study will only cover the fish and seafood market in Portugal, to the exclusion of other seafood products.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages