the fish and seafood market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the fish and seafood market
The fish distribution market covers the consumption and the others vendors of seafood products. This market is dominated by a few leading wholesalers, which supply several thousand independent retail players.
The fish consumption is experiencing a strong increase at the global level, with the increase in production on the one hand, but also thanks to other factors such as the improvement of distribution channels.
However, in France, fish consumption is gradually decreasing. While the vast majority of fish consumed in France is imported, players in the fish market rely on French production (example of the Pavillon France logo) to attract customers who are sensitive to the economic, social and environmental impact of their consumption Finally, the numerous takeovers (Delpierre by Labeyrie, Delmas by Delpeyrat) are symptomatic of a fish distribution market in full concentration .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months