1.1 Definition and scope of study
The fish and seafood market covers the consumption and the distribution of these seafood products. This market is dominated by a few leading wholesalers, which supply several thousand independent retail players.
The fish consumption is experiencing a strong increase worldwide, notably as a result of increased production, but also due to other factors such as the improvement of distribution channels.
At the national level, the market is particularly dynamic, driven by significant local consumption. Spaniards remain the largest consumers of seafood in the world. Fish consumption is equally important, making Spain a particularly buoyant market.
While the vast majority of fish consumed in Spain is imported, international trade continues to increase, with an increase in greater than 6% in 2018. Domestic production is hanging in there based on consumer appeal for product innovation and organic fish and seafood.
This study will only cover the fish and seafood market in Spain, to the exclusion of other seafood products.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages