1.1 Presentation and market definition
The market of infant nutrition refers to all sales generated by actors distributing food products to infants - usually up to 36 months.
According to the Mercasa , in Spain there are about 8 million children and adolescents aged 0-17 in 2015 . However, according to Nielsen the crisis which has hit the country hard has caused a drop in the birth rate in the country This was mainly due to the decline in immigration, which had hitherto driven the growth in the number of children in the country
In addition, according to UNICEF, 27,8% of children in Spain are obese or in overweight , 32,6% are threatened with poverty or exclusionary , 27,5% are in risk of relative poverty (lives in households with an income of less than 60% of the national average), 8,3% live in households with severe material deprivation and 18,7% in the households suffering from chronic poverty . The quality of infant nutrition is therefore a key factor in major social and economic challenge for Spain .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages