1.1 Definition and scope of study
There are many varieties of mushrooms, but the most cultivated species in the world are among the following:
- The button mushroom (also known as white mushroom on the Spanish market) is in first place: it is the most cultivated variety in the world by far. China accounts for more than 50% of the world's production;
- Shiitake, from Asia is the second most produced variety in the world;
- The oyster mushroom occupies the third place of this classification;
Although Spanish consumption of mushrooms is still well below that of many European countries, there is a strong upward trend in this consumption. The Spanish mushroom market thus offers very promising prospects for growth. Although the button mushroom is still the most represented mushroom on the Spanish market, its consumption is growing less rapidly than other types of mushrooms, such as Shiitake, which is gaining in popularity.
The Spanish mushroom market is supported by a few national production giants, such as the Neofungi Group, which has a strong dominant position in the national production of button mushrooms. Other groups are asserting more innovative positions, such as the Ayecue group (Riberebro), which markets the first range of organic mushrooms under the Riofresh brand. [FreshPlaza]
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages