1.1 Definition and scope of study
The olive is typical of the Mediterranean region and is consumed in two forms: either as a condiment or as olive oil after pressing the fruit.
Olive oil is obtained by pressing fresh fruit, crushing the olives to obtain a paste, then filtering, centrifuging, heating (or not) the paste to extract the oil. It is one of the main ingredients in the diet of Mediterranean countries and is mainly used in the preparation of salads and as fat in cooking. It can also be used in cosmetics.
Spain is the world's leading producer of olive oil, with almost 2.5 million hectares dedicated to olive cultivation, which provides the country with a strong commercial power in this market. The main producing region is Andalusia, with more than 80% of the national production.
The national olive oil market is a very mature market, as consumption of this product is very widespread among the Spanish population. Thus, the growth opportunities for the Spanish olive oil market lie mainly abroad and with the growth of organic products.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages