1.1 Definition and scope of study
The truffle refers to a type of fungus which is created by a ectomycorrhizal fungus ascomycete and has a bulging shape. A single fungus can give birth to several truffles. Truffle harvests are largely dependent on meteorological conditions like drough.
There are hundreds of types of truffles in the world. The main ones are:
- The black truffle (tuber melanosporum)
- The white truffle (tuber magnatum), mainly present in Italy
- The summer truffle (tuber aestivum)
Long dominated by Europe, the world market is now witnessing the entry of new players, such as the United States, Australia and China. Also within Europe, the balance of power has been transformed in recent years, and Spain is today the world's leading producer, followed by France and Italy.
Nevertheless, the Spanish domestic demand remains weak which explains that Spain exports most of its production.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE PLAYERS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The truffle market - France
Publicado en 27/01/2021 by Laurent Priad - Nuages
The two studies: THE TRUFFLE MARKET - Spain and France are very synthetic and complete, they are for me perfect to explain the project, because short and intelligible.
Hello Laurent, Thank you for your feedback on our study, we are very happy to contribute to the success of your project. :)