1.1 Presentation and definition of the truffle market
The truffle refers to a type of fungus which is created by a ectomycorrhizal fungus ascomycete and has a bulging shape. A single fungus can give birth to several truffles. Truffle harvests are largely dependent on meteorological conditions like drought.
There are two main categories of truffles on the market:
- The black truffle or Perigord truffle which can be found in calcareous soils under truffle trees from 1 to 15cm deep
- The white truffle which is the most popular and expensive variety on the market and can be found mainly in Italy and Croatia.
The French market is facing the continuous internationalization of truffle production as its national production is dwindling . The production was exported to the United States, Australia, Israel, Argentina... All these emerging markets benefit from the seasonal pattern of harvests in Europe. Their products are sold for export between two harvest periods in Europe
The truffle market is composed of a multitude of small players who are breeders, harvesters and distributors of their products . The sale of truffles on French territory is organized around different markets located in different communes more or less recognized for the quality of the products offered. Some actors are mobilizing to continue to modernize the sector and find government support.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE PLAYERS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The truffle market - France
Publicado en 27/01/2021 by Laurent Priad - Nuages
The two studies: THE TRUFFLE MARKET - Spain and France are very synthetic and complete, they are for me perfect to explain the project, because short and intelligible.
Hello Laurent, Thank you for your feedback on our study, we are very happy to contribute to the success of your project. :)