Content of the study

Available languages

MARKET OVERVIEW

1.1 Definition and scope of the study

Contrary to popular belief, the mushroom is not a plant and constitutes its own biological kingdom. The mushroom we know is the visible part of a much more complex organism that grows underground. There are nearly a million species, which can be classified into several families:

  • Edibles;
  • Poisonous;
  • Hallucinogens.

In this study, we will only deal with edible mushrooms, such as Agaricus bisporus, Pioppino (Pholiota Aegerita), Gelone (Pleurotus Ostreatus), and Cornucopiae (Pleurotus cornucopiae). We will exclude truffles from this study, to which another complete study is dedicated.

Both at global and national level, the market for mushrooms is growing. According to industry experts, the CAGR (compound annual growth rate) is expected to be 8.3% between 2020 and 2025 at the global level. In Italy, mushrooms are appreciated and used to create very tasty and different dishes. Italians buy and consume mushrooms in all forms: raw, washed, sliced, in soup, cooked, or frozen. 70% of the mushrooms sold are fresh, the remaining 30% is processed. Most of the mushrooms sold in supermarkets are produced in Italy, particularly in the Veneto and Emilia Romana regions.

ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND

MARKET STRUCTURE

ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER

REGULATION

POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS

To keep reading, buy the full research

What is in this market study?

  • What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
  • What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
  • What are the latest trends in this market?
  • What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
  • How do companies in the market differ from each other?
  • Access company mapping and profiles.
  • Data from several dozen databases

  • This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
  • Consult an example PDF or online
  • Recent reviews ★★★★☆ 
Buy this market study 89€

Availability within 10 business days

Method

Data
Analysts 1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
Method
Control

Analysts

  • Top Universities
  • Expert opinion

Data

  • Databases
  • Press
  • Company reports

Control

  • Continuously updated
  • Permanent watch

Method

  • Synthetic structure
  • Standardized charts

Analysts

Hugo S.

chargé d'études économiques, Xerfi

Hugo S.

Hugo S. logo 1 Hugo S. logo 2
Mathieu Luinaud

Associate Consultant

Mathieu Luinaud

Mathieu Luinaud logo 1 Mathieu Luinaud logo 2
Education Formation
Robin C.

PhD Industrial transformations

Robin C.

Robin C. logo 1 Robin C. logo 2
Pierre D.

Analyst

Pierre D.

Pierre D. logo 1 Pierre D. logo 2

Ross Alumni Club France

Arnaud W.

Arnaud W. logo 1 Arnaud W. logo 2

Analyste de marché chez Businesscoot

Amaury de Balincourt

Amaury de Balincourt logo 1 Amaury de Balincourt logo 2
Pierrick C.

Consultant

Pierrick C.

Pierrick C. logo 1 Pierrick C. logo 2
Maelle V.

Project Finance Analyst, Consulting

Maelle V.

Héloise Fruchard

Etudiante en Double-Diplôme Ingénieur-Manager Centrale

Héloise Fruchard

Héloise Fruchard logo 1 Héloise Fruchard logo 2
Imane E.

EDHEC

Imane E.

Imane E. logo 1 Imane E. logo 2
Vincent D.

Auditeur

Vincent D.

Vincent D. logo 1 Vincent D. logo 2
Eva-Garance T.

Eva-Garance T.

Eva-Garance T. logo 1 Eva-Garance T. logo 2
Michela G.

Market Research Analyst

Michela G.

Michela G. logo 1 Michela G. logo 2
Azelie P.

Market Research Analyst @Businesscoot

Azelie P.

Azelie P. logo 1 Azelie P. logo 2
Cantiane G.

Market Research Analyst @Businesscoot

Cantiane G.

Cantiane G. logo 1 Cantiane G. logo 2
Jules D.

Consultant

Jules D.

Jules D. logo 1 Jules D. logo 2
Alexia V.

Alexia V.

Emil Ohlsson

Emil Ohlsson

Anna O.

Anna O.

Gabriel S.

Gabriel S.