1.1 Market definition
Vodka is a colourless alcoholic beverage traditionally produced from cereals (rye, wheat) and potatoes, although other agricultural products can be used (beets and fruits).
The vodka market is a sub-segment of the spirits market (drinks produced from distilled alcohol). The French Federation of Spirits (FFS) separates them into two categories:
- "Simple" spirits which includes vodka, but also whisky, gin and rum, whose taste is linked to the distillation of the raw material.
- "Compound" spirits such as aniseed aperitifs, or liqueurs whose taste is linked to the addition of aromatic substances to a neutral alcohol or brandy
In France, vodka production is grouped under NAF code 11.01.10Z : Production of distilled alcoholic beverages.
The vodka market is dominated by spirits giants (Diageo, Pernod Ricard, La Martiniquaise, Bacardi) without presenting significant barriers to entry for niche brands such as Blu Frog or Citadelle.
The decrease in the quantity of alcohol consumed in France could lead vodka consumption to more qualitative consumption .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The vodka market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages