Whisky is a type of alcoholic beverage distilled from fermented grains. Various grains (which can be malted) are used for different varieties, including barley, corn, rye and wheat . Whisky is usually aged in wooden casks, usually in calcined white oak. In addition to vodka, whisky is one of the most widely used spirits in the world . Great Britain and the United States are the world's leading whisky exporters Diageo, Suntory and Pernod Ricard are among the world's leading manufacturers. The spirits market is organised around two types of transactions: over-the-counter and stock market transactions. Statista estimates over-the-counter transactions at retail cost and exchange transactions at acquisition cost
Whisky has been consumed in different ways since its introduction to the present day. Originally, it was consumed dry or by adding sparkling water in Great Britain and the United States. It was not until 1860 that the first whisky-based cocktails appeared; they reached their peak in the 1920s. These consumption patterns were associated with almost exclusive use of blended whiskies and remained prevalent until the 1980s.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The whisky market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages