1.1 Market definition
Beer is mainly produced from barley malt with sometimes other cereals as a supplement. It is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in the world .
Beer can be consumed in bottles, cans or through kegs. It can be blonde, white, redheaded, or brunette. The colour of the beer is a consequence of the choice of malt as well as the temperature of the malt kilning:
White beers: brewing with wheat and pale malts.
Blond beers: brewing with pale barley malts.
Red beers or amber: brewing with more roasted barley malts.
Dark beers: brewing with extremely roasted brown malts.
The world beer market is dominated by some major international players (AbinBev, Heineken, CR Snow). The rest of the market is composed of a very large number of independent local actors .
The French market, in slight increase (5% between 2010 and 2018) and with growing forecasts, does not escape this trend. The dynamism of local actors is reflected in particular in the continuous opening of very small breweries .
Yet the annual production is decreasing between 2013 and 2018 and, although its consumption is still very marginal, non-alcoholic beer is growing strongly and represents a very dynamic segment of the market
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The beer market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages