1.1 Definition and presentation
Beer is mainly produced from barley malt with sometimes other cereals as a supplement. It is one of the most popular alcoholic beverages in the world.
Beer can be consumed in bottles, cans or through kegs. Among the most popular kind of beers we can find:
- White beers: brewed with wheat and pale malts.
- Blond beers: brewed with pale barley malts.
- Red beers or amber: brewed with more roasted barley malts.
- Dark beers: brewed with extremely roasted brown malts.
The world beer market is dominated by some major international players (AbinBev, Heineken, CR Snow). The rest of the market is composed of a very large number of independent local actors.
The beer market is highly fragmented, and domestic demand is large; in 2018, 82 percent of all beer was domestically produced. [NBWA] Widely recognized brands include Carlsberg, Corona, Heineken, Bud Light, and Budweiser. According to YouGov, American’s brands of preference include Guinness, Heineken, and Corona.
Alcohol consumption is on the decline, especially amongst younger generations; however, recent years have demonstrated consumer preferences for premium brands and more niched products. The global craft beer market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8% from 2015 to 2025.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages