1.1 Definition of organic wine
You have to be draw a distinction organic wine from other types of wines produced in a different way: this is how wines are differentiated conventional of wines produced in biodynamics and even so-called wines natural . Organic wine is distinguished by the viticulture and winemaking process used during its production
The organic wine exists legally (official specifications of the European Union) since 2012 only No synthetic treatment or insecticides are allowed and a input reduction at the time of vinification is preferable. Acidification, addition of tannins, sulphur etc. are allowed
The biodynamic wine is to intensify soil life from plant preparations and the lunar calendar, according to the rudolf Steiner's precepts (anthroposophy). The use of sulphur, for example, is less important than for organic wines.
The natural wine finally, combines both methods but prohibits the use of inputs or other techniques to modify the original juice other than sulphur
Some even support s.A.I.I.N.S wines without any inputs or sulphite
Organic wines have lower constraints in authorised treatments during vinification or viticulture. For example, the standards in force in Europe provide for 160mg/litre of sulphur for a conventional wine compared to 100mg/litre for an organic wine, 70mg/litre for a biodynamic wine ( Demeter ) and 30mg/litre for a natural wine ( Association of natural wines ).
In a context of declining traditional wine consumption, the organic wine market is doing very well and is growing strongly in France and abroad. Growth on the world market thus amounts to 14% per year between 2012 and 2017, with optimistic prospects raising the market to one billion bottles by 2022.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The Organic Wine Market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages