1.1 Market definition
Foods that are not part of daily consumption and are carefully selected are called delicacies or delicatessen. These include exotic vegetables and fruits, oysters, champagne, caviar, frogs' legs and snails. Delicatessen products are special foods such as pâtés, mayonnaises and seasoning sauces, selected meat products and cheeses, and fine salads such as poultry salad or Waldorf salad. Today, delicatessen also includes well-stocked fish and seafood departments with a wide range of products. It also includesregional specialties (for example, regional honey, regional coffee, tea, high-quality pastries, etc.) and rare products that require great expertise, such as fine wines and spirits and spices.
A delicatessen product is therefore a food product of exceptional or even very exceptional quality. Delicatessen products always have a history or a meaning and are an expression of an art of living
A delicatessen is a business that includes a variety of foods that are mainly of high quality.
For a long time, delicatessens were only physical outlets in large urban areas and associated with the big names of luxury.
Today, the 3 main distribution channels for delicatessen are:
- Specialized delicatessens
- Retail players
- Specialized websites
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) DE - Germany
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our German catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The delicatessen market - France
Publicado en 17/08/2022 by Pierre Edme Guillery - Uzège Transactions et Développement
Lots of information and numbers found elsewhere, not enough (or any) analysis. But hey, your competitors charge 20 times more for a little analysis. So...