Infusion is first and foremost an extraction method consisting in soaking a plant in initially hot water that is allowed to cool to extract the active ingredients or natural flavours. In this sense, it is opposed to maceration, in which the water is cold at all times, or decoction, in which the water is kept boiling
The term infusion also and above all refers to the liquid thus obtained Herbal teas, tea , for example, are then included in this definition [ CNRTL ].
Traditionally used for medicinal virtues The infusions have been known since 2737 BC, when the Chinese emperor Chen Nung soaked a tea leaf in hot water for the first time
They were commonly used during Antiquity and the Middle Ages by the physicians as a remedy for all diseases, before gradually being replaced by the appearance of medication during the Renaissance. [ STEPI ] The whole range of herbal medicine and other natural remedies is called herbal medicine .
There are a large number of different varieties of infusions, including black, green or white teas, but also chamomile, ginger, verbena and many others [ AlterAfrica ].
According to a study by Transparency Market Research There is a growing interest in herbal drinks such as herbal teas. This is due to a change in lifestyle among young adult populations, increasingly preferring natural remedies to drugs, and to sustained growth of organic products s in 2017, 20% of infusions are labelled organic [ LSA Conso ].
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The infusion market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages