1.1 Presentation and definition of the organic cosmetics market
The organic cosmetics market covers all hygiene and beauty products, including :
- Serums and oils;
- Scrubs and exfoliants;
- Shower gels, soaps and shampoos;
These products are certified by various private labels that ensure that these products meet several criteria. Certification bodies such as Ecocert will issue labels, such as the COSMOS ORGANIC label, the specifications of this label replace the national specifications for the certification of new products since January 1, 2017.
Organic cosmetics are correlated with other types of cosmetics, particularly natural cosmetics, but also vegan cosmetics. It is in the composition of the product, but also in the packaging or in the method of manufacture that a cosmetic is labeled organic.
To study the organic cosmetics market, it is often interesting to look at the cosmetics market as a whole to see the overall trend. This is how we discover that Asia Pacific is the region with the largest share of the world market with 43% of the shares in 2020 and that France is the second most consuming European country for cosmetics for several years and still in 2020. The overall trend shows, however, a decline in the hygiene and beauty market with a decrease of 6.5% between 2019 and 2020, but the organic cosmetics market does not feel this decline and continues to grow at high speed with a 53% growth for organic cosmetics and 37.7% for organic and natural cosmetics between 2018 and 2019
There are many players present in this sector, Léa Nature with SO'BIO etic being the historic brand, but now private labels and large groups are also going organic by creating new ranges or even new brands, as is the case of L'Oréal with La Provençale bio, created in 2018.
Behind the purchase of an organic cosmetic are values that are expressed, such as the desire to take care of one's health, the environment or animals, and in an overall societal movement towards organic, organic cosmetics find their place very well.
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The organic cosmetics market - France
Publicado en 29/12/2021 by Laurent Chatellier - sam services