the organic cosmetics market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the organic cosmetics market
The organic cosmetics market represents a sub segment of the larger market for cosmetics. A cosmetic includes any substance used to clean, moisture or alter a person’s skin, hair, nails or teeth.
Cosmetics can be distinguished in two categories:
- Beauty products: e.g. make-up, perfume, skin cream
- Care products: e.g. shampoo, soap, deodorant
These products are certified by different private labels (and not with the European label which only applies to food products) which ensure that these products meet several criteria. For example, that they only use ingredients of plant origin from organic farming, and therefore do not use chemicals or ingredients of animal origin.
The world market is booming and especially the French one which is extremely dynamic in the cosmetic sector.
The craze is also reaching the large corporations that see "bio" as a way to renew their product range and to regain consumer confidence.
The trust is indeed key to gaining market share, hence the multiplication of different labels or the marketing of independent brands in specific distribution channels such as specialty retailers. It is also necessary to include the success of the online sale - a real growth driver for small and large players.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months