The Parapharmacy Market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the parapharmacy market
The parapharmacy market includes all sales of care and hygiene products (for adults and babies), but also many types of products that do not require a medical prescription, such as beauty, diet and nutrition products, sun care products, hair care products, etc.
The parapharmaceutical market has evolved considerably since its emergence in the 1980s and the consumption of parapharmaceutical products has become more widespread by opening up to all distribution methods: pharmacies, specialist retailers, parapharmacies, mass retailers and online sales.
This evolution is accompanied by an extension of the offer towards new territories of beauty. The parapharmacy market is growing rapidly in France, driven on the one hand by the growing importance given to appearance and personal care, and on the other hand by the growing attention paid to the quality of the care used (in cosmetics in particular), leading to a premiumisation of consumption and valorization of the market.
However, the arrival of new entrants and the digital transformation of the sector create new challenges for the historical players in the market, giving product innovation an increasingly central role in corporate strategies.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods