The Home Medical Aid Market
1.1 Presentation and market definition
The home help market includes activities related to helping people with their daily tasks in their homes: this is generally intended for the elderly, but some categories of home helpers such as family services (childcare or school support in particular) are intended for younger populations.
Two main service segments are characteristic of the home help market for seniors according to Petits-Fils:
- Daily living services: cleaning, laundry cleaning and ironing, home cooking, gardening, DIY, babysitting, home maintenance, sanitary aids (shower, medical assistance), etc.
- Services for dependent persons: assistance to the elderly and disabled, mobility and transport assistance, driving a personal vehicle, etc.
The market is structured through the activity of several actors who meet the needs of particular employers (a person who employs employees at home, not for profit and to meet personal and family needs):
- direct employees by an individual (70% of the sector),
- associations (20%),
- personal service companies (10%).
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months