1.1 Presentation and definition of the market
The childcare market mainly concerns the care of children under the age of 3.
Whether it is home-based services or not, competition is very fierce between the players, who are organized as follows:
- Collective care: this is done in public crèches or private crèches. The establishments included are the crèche (especially in pre-school), the drop-in centers, the kindergartens or the multi-care establishments;
- Maternal assistance;
- Home childcare : This last type of childcare is one of the activities of the home help market.
Nursery assistants emphasize the individual approach to the relationship with the child, while collective care and crèches emphasize their socialization capacities. they are the ones who provide the services of a childcare provider (e.g., drop-in daycare, kindergarten, etc.).). One of thene of the main challenges in the childcare sector is professionalization. A large part of this activity is carried out by the parents themselves or by undeclared service providers.
The birth rate is trending downward in Europe, but France is doing rather well compared to its neighbors despite a 10% drop over the last six years.
Although the number of births is falling in France, the capacity of childcare facilities is still not sufficient to meet the demand. Indeed, the theoretical capacity corresponds to a little more than half of the children.
The Covid-19 crisis has strongly impacted this market, closing most of the childcare centers during the first confinement and reopening little by little for the so-called "priority" children, i.e. the children of the medical profession, teachers or single-parent families or those who cannot exercise their profession at home.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
- Recent reviews ★★★★☆
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The childcare market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The childcare market - France
The study provides a good overview of the sector. However, it may be necessary to delve deeper into certain aspects for a complete market study.
Hello Camille, Thank you for your positive feedback. We are delighted to see that this study was useful to you. Concerning the second part of your opinion, it is precisely our positioning to make synthetic studies on targeted markets. :)
The childcare market - France
Publicado en 17/02/2021 by Jean philippe Aboab - Pharmefficare
Very precise and documented market research, especially on the sub-segments of this market
Hello Jean-Philippe, Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to read that the content and structure of the study have completely satisfied you. :)