1.1 Definition and scope of the study
The dance is both a sport, an art and a hobby which consists of performing a sequence of ordered movements with one's body, most often accompanied by a musical background. This study focuses on the dance course market in France .
Various types of dances exist in France and are grouped into different segments
- The artistic dance (hiphop, contemporary dance, jazz dance, modern dance, classical dance)
- The sport dance (Latin dances, the 10 dances, etc.)
- The rock dance (acrobatic rock, boogie woogie, lindy hop, etc.)
- The country dancing (couple and line)
- The leisure and social dances (Argentinean tango, salsa, world dances)
- The pole dance
Dance is generally taught in dance schools, but also by tutors in institutions such as Houses of Youth and Culture in France s, of the sports centres or by private coaches .
Dance has become increasingly popular over the past decade, with a doubling the number of redundancies between 2008 and 2019 The Covid-19 crisis has nevertheless largely affected the activity since most dance halls had to close for a large part of the year 2020, which may have benefited the growth of online and offline dance classes.
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages