1.1 Definition and presentation
Dancing is an art and sporting activity that involves performing a series of orderly movements with one's body, usually accompanied by background music. This study focuses on the market for dance classes in Italy .
This activity is registered in Italy under ATECO code 85.52.01, which identifies dance classes.
There are different types of dances and they are grouped into different segments. The following is an almost exhaustive list, depending on the type:
- modern dance
- neoclassical dance
- contemporary dance (break-dance and hip-hop, etc.)
- sports dance
- folk or traditional dances
- jazz dance
- latin dance
Dance is generally taught in dance schools, but also independent tutors in homes, institutions such as youth and culture houses, or in sports arenas. This activity has been growing in recent years, and revenues grew 11.4 percent from 2016 to 2018. In Italy, there are 1659 dance schools populated by 1.4 million students. These schools are mainly small and medium-sized, with less than 10 employees per school. However, there are also large, globally recognized schools, such as the Accademia Teatro alla Scala.
As a result of the Covid-19 emergency, dance schools in Italy were forced to close and suspend classes for several months. The measures implemented by the government, in fact, profoundly affected the industry's turnover and especially demand, as school clients were deterred by the potential spread of the virus.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
5 reports pack (-15%) IT - Italy
- 5 reports at €75.6 excluding VAT per study to choose from our Italian catalogue for 12 months
- Save 15% on additional studies purchased
- Choose to be refunded any unused credit at the end of the 12-month period (duration of the pack)
See the terms and conditions of the pack and the refund of unused credit.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages