1.1 Definition and presentation
The word fitness derives from the term "fit" and refers to the physical appearance of an individual. Fitness can be defined as physical activity practiced in open air or indoors. Fitness differs from sport in that it is more closely related to physical well-being at an aesthetic level.
The world of fitness has had an explosion in recent years worldwide but that has mainly affected Europe and the United States, regions in which there have been almost double the numbers for enrollment in the gym.
The fitness market in Italy has shown considerable growth in recent years representing a rapidly expanding sector, as a series of macro trends that affect the behavior, lifestyle and choices of consumers have shown to have a positive impact on the development of the market.
Nutritional changes and new consumer needs and expectations for physical activity are variables that will affect the industry's performance. In addition, a considerable number of businesses have thrown themselves into the world of sportswear to both respond to growing demand and stimulate potential demand.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages