the thalassotherapy and spa market
1.1 Definition and presentation
It is important to distinguish thalassotherapy from spas, as they cover two different activities.
The term thalassotherapy refers to all therapeutic and wellness treatments that can be provided using substances from the marine environment (e.g. seawater, mud). Generally recommended for those suffering from fatigue and arthritis, thalassotherapy should be located by the sea or ocean (English Channel, Atlantic and Mediterranean).
A wellness center, on the other hand, does not have such obligations. Synonymous with well-being and luxury, a spa offers the customer a moment of calm through beauty treatments and relaxation sessions. While most of the spas are managed independently, some have been created in luxury hotels.
However, this study will not include balneotherapy, also known as thermal care, which uses thermal water. Bathing stays, unlike those spent in thalassotherapy and spas, can be reimbursed by health insurance under certain conditions.
The health and wellness market in Italy is registering an impressive turnover in the territory thanks to tourism related to this industry. Spas inside hotels are growing at a considerable pace, while independent structures are having more difficulty in differentiating themselves in a competitive and saturated context.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months