1.1 Definition and presentation
Diapers are used in incontinence situations. They are hygiene items to be worn directly on the body as underwear, given their absorbent properties. Two main types of consumers use diapers: infants and some elderly people with incontinence. In this study we will focus only on baby diapers. These accompany the child until the age of cleaning, which is about three years old.
The baby diaper market is therefore a segment of the baby product industry, which is undoubtedly suffering from the demographic and social changes taking place in Italy. In fact, both food and diapers - the two main segments of the industry - have recorded a loss in volume in the last three years, which is also related to the progressive decline in births in Italy. A greater number of parents decide to have children at a more mature age in Italy, a decision also influenced by the higher degree of financial stability. The latter is a factor that is believed to dictate different purchasing choices, increasingly directed towards higher quality products - the so-called premiumization of diapers.
The competitive context will be affected by these changes in demand, accompanied by an increasingly varied supply, and consequently by a progressive decline in both market share held and consumers' share won by the individual players.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages