1.1 Definition and presentation
A cosmetic includes any substance used to clean, moisturize or alter a person's skin, hair, nails or teeth.
Cosmetics can be divided into two macro-categories:
- Beauty products: e.g. makeup, perfume, skin cream.
- Care products: e.g. shampoo, soap, deodorant.
Dermo treatment is an area of cosmetics that refers to all skin care products - in Greek dermis - that have a more complex formulation and combine cosmetics - in the strict sense of personal care - with active pharmaceutical ingredients. The dermo cosmetics can be subdivided in turn according to product categories, among the best-selling:
- Face care
- Body Care
- Skin Care
The market is positioned at the juncture between beauty and health, two variables that in the past were separate but that today are increasingly seen as one and that are progressively affecting a greater number of consumers, which is why we arrive at positive projections on the growth of the sector. In Italy, the shift from protection to prevention has taken hold in recent years and will influence the cosmetics market as a whole. It would seem, however, that demand and interest are growing faster than supply and than the attractiveness of the distribution channels.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages