the aesthetic medicine market
1.1 Definition and presentation
The market for cosmetic surgery and medicine in Italy counts several distinct segments:
- Aesthetic surgery - a branch of plastic surgery - is a technique for remodeling the body through targeted surgery to eliminate a morphological anomaly or the external appearance of the patient's body;
- Aesthetic medicine, on the other hand, is a less invasive technique aimed at correcting physical defects of the patient.
Aesthetic surgery therefore only concerns interventions on the patient's body, such as breast surgery, the most common procedure. Aesthetic medicine, on the other hand, can be practiced by general practitioners or specialists. Most aesthetic medicine procedures involve injections under the skin, for example to reduce wrinkles. The global market for aesthetic surgery and medicine is growing rapidly, driven in particular by the dynamism of the Asian regions, which are currently at the center of global demand. However, the market remains largely dominated by the United States and Brazil.
The Italian market is also growing, thanks in particular to the increasing popularity of so-called “non-invasive” methods of aesthetic medicine, located on the borderline between medical care and simple aesthetic procedures and practiced by beauty institutes, to the detriment of surgical interventions in clinics. In addition, the continuous technological innovation on the supply side seems to be able to respond to an even more demanding demand.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 5 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months