1.1 Definitions and market overview
The market for aesthetic medicine and surgery in France comprises several very distinct segments [La Roche Posay; Le Figaro Santé] :
- Plastic surgery, body reshaping techniques by means of surgical procedures to correct a morphological anomaly or the external appearance of a patient's body;
- Aesthetic medicine, which represents all the advice, care and non-surgical treatments intended to improve the aesthetic appearance of a patient;
- Cosmeceuticals, products that are halfway between cosmetics and medicine, which contain active ingredients for a specific dermatological treatment (wrinkles, dark circles, etc.).
Aesthetic surgery is therefore exclusively concerned with operations on the patient's body, such as breast surgery, the most popular procedure. Aesthetic medicine, on the other hand, can be performed by general practitioners or specialists. The vast majority of aesthetic medicine procedures involve injections under the skin, for example to reduce wrinkles. Cosmeceuticals are most frequently used to correct skin aging, although their effectiveness has yet to be proven.
The global market for cosmetic surgery and medicine is growing rapidly, driven in particular by the dynamism of the Asian regions, which are currently the main focus of global demand. However, the market remains largely dominated by the United States and Brazil. This growth is partly due to the development of injectable substances, but also to the renewal of equipment and technologies required for operations.
The French market is also growing, in particular due to the increasing popularity of so-called "non-invasive" aesthetic medicine methods, which are halfway located between medical treatment and cosmetic surgery and practiced by beauty salons, to the detriment of surgical procedures in clinics whose popularity has been affected by numerous scandals.
In France, more than one million people have already had recourse to cosmetic surgery, and the legal framework plays a predominant role in the supervision of the market and the authorization of certain practices. It is therefore crucial to understand the major dynamics of the market [France Tv].
ANALYSIS OF THE DEMAND
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE ACTORS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Mise à jour moins d'un an garantie - France
Si votre étude n'a pas été mise à jour dans les 12 derniers mois, elle sera automatiquement ajoutée à notre liste prioritaire de mise à jour suite à votre commande.
Une fois votre paiement validé, vous recevrez la version actuelle ainsi que la mise à jour dans les 20 jours ouvrés.
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The aesthetic medicine market - Italy
Publicado en 07/10/2022 by G Accornero - Nerog
The aesthetic medicine market - Italy
Publicado en 20/01/2022 by Andrea Rapisarda - Aka 42 S.r.l
Accurate and thorough study, sin not all data are up to date but in any case I am satisfied with the choice
Thank you Andrea.