The Aesthetic Medicine market
1.1 Definitions and general presentation of the market
The market for medicine and cosmetic surgery in France includes several distinct segments :
- The cosmetic surgery of the technique of remodelling of the body through surgical procedures to correct a morphological abnormality or the external appearance of a patient's body;
- The aesthetic medicine which represents all advice, care and treatment non-surgical designed to improve the aesthetic appearance of a patient;
- The cosmeceuticals products located halfway between cosmetics and drugs, which contain active ingredients allowing a particular dermatological treatment (wrinkles, dark circles, etc.).
Cosmetic surgery therefore concerns only operations on patients' bodies, such as breast surgery, the most popular procedure. Aesthetic medicine, on the other hand, can be practiced by general practitioners or specialists. The vast majority of aesthetic medicine procedures involve injections under the skin, for example to reduce wrinkles. Cosmeceuticals are most frequently used to correct skin ageing, although their effectiveness has yet to be proven
The global market for cosmetic surgery and medicine is in full growth This is driven in particular by the dynamism of the Asian regions, which are currently the main focus of world demand. However, the market remains largely dominated by United States and Brazil . This growth is partly due to the growth of injectable substances, but also to the renewal of equipment and technologies required for operations.
The French market is also growing, thanks in particular to the growing popularity of so-called "non-invasive" aesthetic medicine methods Located on the borderline between medical treatment and simple cosmetic procedures and performed by beauty salons, to the detriment of surgical procedures in clinics, the popularity of which has been affected by many scandals.
In France, more than one million of people have already had cosmetic surgery, for an estimated turnover of more than 8 billion euros in 2016 . The legal framework plays a major role in regulating the market and authorising certain practices. It is therefore crucial to understand the offer and the major market dynamics
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months