the cosmetics market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the cosmetics manufacturing market
A cosmetic includes any substance used to clean, moisturize or alter a person's skin, hair, nails or teeth.
Cosmetics can be divided into two macro-categories:
- Beauty products: e.g. makeup, perfume, skin cream;
- Care products: e.g. shampoo, soap, deodorant.
Europe is the world's leading producer of cosmetics. France is a leading market in Europe and has a trade surplus, however, the market is highly competitive and concentrated in the hands of a few giants of cosmetics, who must continuously innovate their offer to keep pace with the changing needs of consumers and not lose market share to an increasing number of smaller players trying to conquer a certain niche.
In fact, following the growing interest in issues such as sustainability and the environment, or the greater attention paid to the origin of products and the origin of ingredients, or even the highest consideration for personal care, both existing businesses and newcomers need to quickly change their positioning accordingly.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 3 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months