1.1 Market presentation
Being a hairdresser consists of performing various hygienic and aesthetic care operations on the hair in a hair salon, or directly at the customer's home. It can be a cut, a colouring, a perm... The salons have developed different ancillary activities, in particular the sale of beauty products and accessories .
These are the following several billion euros which are spent every year by the French, and especially French women, in hair salons. However, the sector margins have been weakened in recent years, with increasing competition from home hairdressers. The latter offer cuts at lower average prices.
The training of new hairdressers is also at half mast, with a number of apprentices in sharp decline . Creations and covers have also slowed down.
As a result, hair salons are looking for a new lease of life with the development of barber shop and a ever faster adaptation to fashion phenomena .
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Buy a pack and get an immediate discount
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Inclus dans ce pack: This study (The hairdressing market - France) + 4 other studies of your choice
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages