1.1 Definition and scope of study
E-learning, or digital learning, is a learning method based on online educational resources and content . E-learning is used in personal and professional training contexts. There are three main categories of e-learning :
- The MOOC (Massive Online Open Courses) are open access courses, usually free of charge, at the end of which the public can obtain certification
- The SPOC (Small Private Online Courses) are fee-based MOOCs, with access restricted to specific users, such as university students. They can also be used to obtain certification
- The COOC (Corporate Open Online Courses) are used by companies for the training of employees and collaborators.
E-learning is related to the fields of vocational training and education. It democratizes access to training It allows for teaching flexibility and access to all users with an Internet connection, regardless of their location. E-learning can be combined with courses in face-to-face which constitute so-called "training courses" hybrids "or" blended-learning » [ Eduscol ]
On a global scale, e-learning is on the rise with an expected growth of 10.3% per year until 2027 . If north America remains the most advanced region in this area growth is expected to be very rapid in Africa, Asia and South America. In particular, India is the world's second largest e-learning market, behind the United States France is not to be outdone with an annual growth rate of 15% and a gradual catching up with Germany, Europe's most advanced country.
The e-learning market thrives with the development of teleworking . However, the 100% online is not yet in place since these are hybrid formations, mixing face-to-face and distance, which are the most popular with consumers . New innovations should appear on the market in the coming years, given the high level of investment in this area.
The main players in e-learning are Coursera, GIP FUN MOOC, ByJu's, OpenClassrooms, Coorpacademy or Digischool .
ANALYSIS OF THE OFFER
POSITIONING OF THE PLAYERS
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (30 p.)
- Consult an example PDF or online
Availability within 1 business day
Our other products
Pack 5 études (-15%) - France
- 5 études au prix de 75,6€HT par étude à choisir parmi nos 800 titres sur le catalogue France pendant 12 mois
- Conservez -15% sur les études supplémentaires achetées
- Choisissez le remboursement des crédits non consommés au terme des 12 mois (durée du pack)
Consultez les conditions du pack et de remboursement des crédits non consommés.
1 sector analyzed
in 40 pages
The e-learning and MOOCs market - France
Publicado en 18/08/2022 by VT KTEK
A very complete study where all sources are cited