The tutoring market
1.1 Presentation and definition of the tutoring market
The tutoring market covers all types of activities for students (primary and secondary education) to improve their academic level : private or group tuition in specific subjects, homework help for primary school students, holiday internships, copy correction.
It is at the high school level that students make the greatest use of academic support and studies show that it is parents who, in most cases, are at the origin of the initiative. A distinction is made between the client (the final recipient of the service: the student) and the applicant (the parents).
In 2008, the sector experienced a major crisis due to scandals related to questionable hiring methods and incompetent teachers that negatively impacted the image of operators
Faced with this credibility crisis, many operators, including Anacours and Cours Legendre, have started qualicert certification procedures to regain a positive and qualitative image.
The the tutoring market is currently growing in France and the tutoring segment provided by companies is worth several hundred million euros in 2018
It is also worth noting the popularity of home-school support activities, which concerned about one million students in France in 2018.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 1 business day
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months