the stationery market
The term paper mill refers to both:
- A paper manufacturing plant specialized in the production transformation raw materials (wood, straw, etc.) made of paper;
- A school and office supplies store marketing all paper-related items.
In summary, the stationery market includes production the transformation and the marketing of paper-based articles in France
The market of the paper brings together all the actors involved at each stage of the transformation of raw materials (mainly wood, but also natural fibres) into pulp, cardboard and paper. Introduced in the West in the 12th century, paper revolutionized graphic media, but also became essential in the daily lives of all.
The 1990s marked an important turning point for the paper market: considerations environmentally friendly government and individuals have forced this industry polluting and especially energy consumer to adapt. Emphasize the production of paper from the recycling developing innovative tools and reducing pollution and energy consumption have required numerous financial investments. At the same time, the research and development of derived and innovative materials has gained a significant share of the paper market.
The sector of the manufacture of stationery products has been in crisis for many years. It has undergone a profound transformation: the number of major paper mill players is ten times lower than twenty years ago and many small companies have filed for bankruptcy. While it had 12,000 employees in 1990, there are now half as many. The main companies are Exacompta Clairefontaine , Hamelin Group , Trompla , GPV Group and International Paper .
The ecological considerations pushing to limit or even limit ban the use of plastic emissions, particularly in packaging and supermarket bags, is promoting the growth of the paper market, which is partly replacing some plastic packaging, particularly the growth of recycled paper.
To keep reading, buy the full research
What is in this market study?
- What are the figures on the size and growth of the market?
- What is driving the growth of the market and its evolution?
- What are the latest trends in this market?
- What is the positioning of companies in the value chain?
- How do companies in the market differ from each other?
- Access company mapping and profiles.
- Data from several dozen databases
This market study is available online and in pdf format (38 p.)
- Download an example
- Consult our offers Consulting, Subscription, Press & Education.
Availability within 2 business days
Analysts & Methods
Customer Reviews (1)
Average over the last 3 months